Sunday, December 30, 2012

Because I Can

Often, my reason for doing something is simply "because I can." I've been wanting to make one of these for a while, and since I was in a chapeau sort of mood, I did.


I used this pattern at Fleece Fun, but I didn't bother to read directions or watch videos; I just dove in and hoped it all worked out. (Honestly, I learn best this way.)

I used the same ivory fleece as with the other hat, some "natural fiber ribbon" (not sure what it's made of), some feathers and a large gold and white button. It's a teeny bit lopsided, the shaft of the top hat leans forward, but with the embellishments it doesn't seem as noticeable. I did use cardstock to make it a little rigid, as the pattern called for, but I didn't really read how I was supposed to put it in. Perhaps had I read the directions, I wouldn't have that lean up there.


Right
Front
Left
Back
Bottom

Not bad for a first attempt! :D I can see that making these could be completely addictive. I wonder how ridiculous it would be to wear this to the grocery store...

1 comment: