Sunday, March 23, 2014

Can you tell me where the "off" switch is?

So yeah... haven't done any significant work in the basement since January. And I keep getting Awesome Ideas that make me want to do things that are not, you know, work. It's really bugging me, but so much needs to get done that it's a little paralyzing. Just when I think I'm getting a handle on things, stuff comes up and... yeah... *sigh*

The UFOs that are always (always!) nagging at the back of my head, two of them finally kicked me hard enough to work on them. Our stairway has two walls covered with photos and art. One side is all family photos, and I have quite a few of my family up there, but not nearly as many of my husband's family. I finally dug around through all my files and found photos of his grandparents and wedding photos of his sisters. I'm going to surprise him, and get those framed and on the wall (tomorrow, while he's at work). The other project is one for me, with an affirmational sort of message that I had no idea how to make happen. I think I finally figured it out, though, so today when I go pick up the frames for the other project, I can get what I need for that one, too.

That empty wall to the left? That's where his family should be, and will be soon.
Getting things done usually provides some impetus to get more things done. I'm hoping that works again here, because seriously, the basement has become my nemesis...

We were watching Carvers on SfFy, and one of the guys said his partner had creative diarrhea. My husband commented that he wished he had creative diarrhea, then looked at me and said "you kind of do." First of all, that's horrible imagery. Secondly, it ain't all it's cracked up to be. (See: huge piles of unfinished projects, things I might want later, and current works in progress.) Case in point: I read an article about making miniature books in Easter eggs and my brain switched into hyperdrive. (I'll be posting pics of that project later...)

No comments: