Monday, October 20, 2008

Photoethnography

My husband referred to my need to document that which I am about to share as ethnography. Which I suppose is correct to a point, but I'm not planning on doing much writing, so it's more ethnophotography or photoethnography. (I think I prefer photoethnography.)

Without further ado, I present... The Lavender Suit.


I saw this mannequin in a shop window while we were on our way to dinner. When we left the restaurant, I grabbed my camera from the trunk and headed back to photograph it. At first glance, it appears to be a young man's suit, but a closer second look reveals it to be a man's suit rolled up to fit onto a child-size mannequin. The shoes, by the way, are either lilac ostrich leather, or embossed to look like ostrich.

1 comment:

Loudlife said...

That mannequin is hilarious!