Sunday, May 22, 2011

Yesterday's Art

As part of 30 Days of Creativity, I have been trying to make at least one thing every day. Here were yesterday's contributions:

Felted Egg with Tiny Birds

Wish Box

The Wish Box has been in progress for a while, I just needed to finish it. Finish it, and mail it to the person for which it was intended, in fact. Mulberry paper collages the top of a repurposed candy box, the sides and bottom were painted with random patterns, then covered with tissue paper. The whole exterior was then varnished. The sun is recycled paper, pulped and molded into a flat dome, and separate "arms." It was glued onto the inside of the lid and varnished. The words wonder, faith, love and hope were painted in the bottom and varnished.

Today I went to a local art fair, and hung out for a bit with arty friends who were exhibiting. I am counting it as part of the 30 Days (plus 2 weeks, since I started early), because being around creative people is good for me, and I don't do it often enough.

No comments: