Sunday, July 13, 2008

Weaning off LiveJournal for something more substantial

Currently, I occasionally post to LiveJournal. I got started there to keep in touch with friends who live far away. However, they're not very good at updating their blogs, either. I want to maintain a photo blog, but not exclusively photos. I have a number of creative endeavors I pursue, and photography is only one; hence the name "Creative Miscellany." 

Here's just one of the things I've spied through the lens of my camera:


This photo is available as a print at DeviantArt, and for licensing at PhotoShelter.

Other things I'll include from time to time are scans of some of the ATCs* I've made, or an altered book project I work on off-and-on. One of the swaps I've recently mailed my cards into is a Gypsy Mixed Media swap. I used a mesh ribbon and gold-embossed chipboard pieces on top of altered photos. I am particularly pleased with the way these turned out. Had a hard time parting with them!

My altered book is inspired by one of my other passions, belly dance. I've been taking classes and attending workshops for more than 5 years now. I'm not very far into this project, but here's one of my favorite page spreads so far: 


So that's the sort of thing I'll be up to here. I'll keep my LJ blog for ranting and keeping up with my far-flung friends. I'll limit this, though, for my creative pursuits.

*ATCs = Artist Trading Cards, 3.5" x 2.5" tradable works of art. I trade at ATCsForAll.com.

No comments: