Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Some of the finished results

Here's a few of the cards I've made. These are from last night, and have (clockwise from top left) glitter, paper shred, a postage stamp, and bits of yarn added.
The edges are quite irregular, and I'm still refining the process. This morning I added green paper to the leftover blue (not a lot of that left), and have made some green paper. The blue batch made 18 cards - so probably around 8 cups of blue pulp is what I made. Way more than I'd intended. I blame impetuous enthusiasm. I made about half as much of the green, with a bit less water. I'm still working out exactly how I will trim them down to the 2.5" x 3.5" format to which an ATC must conform. Do I wet the edge and carefully tear off the excess, or trim with scissors (ruining the irregular edge)? I may try both, and see what I think looks and works best. As I get more experienced with this process, I hope the need for trimming is reduced.

No comments: